Tuesday, June 18, 2013

INconsistency?

INconsistency...
INconsistency...

INconsistency!
INconsistency because ironically, inconsistency is the only state I seem to constantly remain in. I'm continuously IN inconsistency. Hence:
IN+inconsistency = INconsistency

My style embodies inconsistency. I love to dress up, dress down, dress diagonal, and every which way in between. Most of the time, you'll catch me wearing heels of some sort, but I definitely don't let my sneakers feel completely neglected while I strut down the supermarket aisles in 6-inch platforms. Once in a while, you have to let your Jordans breathe, right? Who says you can't rock a pair of bright orange Nike dunks with a form-fitting Alexander Wang V-Neck ensamble from the Fall 2013 collection? And why can't I wear a pair of comfortable and classic ankle-strap heels with some baggy sweatpants?
Committing to one single style, for me, is much too difficult. (Actually committing to one single anything is strenuous.) I enjoy having the freedom to do as I please and have the option of expressing the complete opposite fashion statement as the prior day.
I draw inspiration from any and everything that ignites some kind of interest within me and I am at my happiest when I ransack my closet, making a destructive mess mess of everything I own to put together an outfit, while I appropriately sing Frank Ocean: "A tornado flew around my room before you came. Excuse the mess it made..." I consider choosing an outfit an art. Stepping outside of your comfort zone and combining tops with bottoms plus accessories and adding footwear is exciting and exhilarating!

I urge anyone reading this to take a risk in wardrobe. Big or small.
I'm an avid supporter in anyone willing to break free of social norms and test their limits. Anyone can "pull off" any sort of outfit, hair style, make-up, ect. as long as the confidence when wearing it shines through. If you feel beautiful, you are beautiful and everyone can see that. And if they don't? Fuck them.

One promise to myself that I can undoubtably keep for the rest of my life is to consistently remain INconsistent.

Something that inspired me tonight?
Pictures of me from the 90's. The excitement I feel at this very moment just thinking about the outfit that will spawn from this trip down memory lane is indescribable.

Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...